The Pinson family has produced wine for more than 350 years. Laurent and Christophe Pinson, worthy successors of their grandfather Louis, continue the family tradition, which began in 1640, the date of the first official documents preserved by the family. In 1940, Louis Pinson and his wife were among the first wine growers in Chablis to bottle and sell their wines direct to the public. At that time, the estate had about three hectares of vineyards, expanding to five hectares in 1982.
Following viticulture-oenology studies in the wine college of Beaune, the two grandsons arrived, Laurent in 1983 and Christophe in 1987. Today Laurent’s daughter Charlene works alongside him in the vineyards and winery. Today the vineyards cover 11 hectares 50 ares, in various appellations such as world renowned Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos, Chablis 1er Crus Montmain, La Forêt, Vaillons, Vaugiraut, and AOC Chablis.